This weekend is our Extra Activity, a guided hike around Trevijano on Sunday May 12th at 10:00 (people will meet for carpool at 9:20 in Logroño). Please sign up online if you are interested.
For listening, try the activity about Generation Gap or Millenials on the Score (mp3 and transcript). For original version listening try Clash of Ages: How Technology Divides Workers (with transcript).
For reading, try the article at Breaking News about Facebook Depression or a short text on the generation gap. Is this something people from your generation suffer? For original version take a Generation Gap poll to see how your views and values compare to your generation and others. For original version reading try the article Say Anything about the generation gap in terms of how much we reveal about ourselves online or about defining moments of our generations.
For writing try a few of these questions:
1. In your opinion, does age make you wiser?
2. What happens when people grow old and dependent in your country?
3. Can generation gaps cause social stress?
4. Does generation gap make communication more difficult?
5. What are priorities and goals for people who have just left school?
6. What is the advantage/disadvantage of been born today compared to been born 100 years earlier?
7. What lessons have you learnt that you like to pass down to your children?
8. Do you think that older people leading in public and private sectors set good examples in our society? Why or why not?
9. Does character and morality matter to today's youth?
Have a great week!